Young men and teens receive daily images and messages from pop-culture that say: Women are objects – here for your pleasure and entertainment. How are young men/teens responding to this message?
- Women ages 20-24 are most likely to become victims of male violence.
- More than 4 million women experience rape and physical assault each year.
- 1 in 3 female homicide victims are murdered by their current or former partners.
- 76% of women who experience paid sex exploitation over the internet consider suicide.
- 67% of adult males in the US have paid for sex at least one time.
Now young men and teens can receive positive images and messages from My Sisters’ Keeper that say:
It’s COOL to respect all women and girls.
Students, young adults and all Millennials are responding to these images and messages by rocking the MSK pledge.
Rock the pledge now!